Saturday, April 19, 2014

On the way to the restaurant Pierre wants to know if I hurry.


Recent Contributions an empty bed in Capernaum Males show How do you say thank you ... The 12 signs that the time had come to move on from a relationship. Lekhart Gert Rautenbach Recent Comments on The 12 signs that the time atta ... Archives January 2014 Meta Register Log in Entries RSS Comments RSS WordPress.com Kleinplasie-memories-memories Kleinplasie
An army is not a place where you love be going back. Death, yes. Sometimes he goes after you. As a young man, fresh out of matric, I became a soldier in the Air Force. The men in blue. Later, in '78, I limit my service as a conscript in the Caprivi do.
Our last stop was back in Windhoek. The army camp was full and we were in an empty exhibition hall on the showground night. The place was full of show scenery and looked like a theater or movie set for some Disneyprent. I and a few of us in sleeping bags on the floor in sleeping Snow White's Tower. There was no snow, just the searing heat in December before returning in Pretoria, would clarify. It was also the last time I was in Southwest.
After 31 years the call from Namibia. I'm invited for ten days at the Windhoek Show's new radio station would broadcast. My thoughts go from scratch patrol. By Rundu, Oshakati, Katima Molilo back to Grootfontein and the last night in Windhoek show hall.
After university I qualify as a journalist, radio and TV presenter and copywriter. Mostly working in the RSA, but never thought I would step back tracks cascade falls mission in the country where I was guarding borders had not.
Upon my arrival at the Windhoek Airport received a nice boyfriend, Pierre, me with a Jeep kakiegroen that the new station name in modern cascade falls mission colors painted. He is a member of the marketing team at a local radio station. We chattering all the day's journey by horse back to Windhoek. I booked in at a hotel in the city and shower immediately. Half an hour later I received a call from him. We go out to dinner, but he wants to show me first studio show. I jump into a fresh pair and buttoned and will wait for him in the street. The show studio is centrally located cascade falls mission on the show grounds. It is a hive of activity. Everyone makes stalls and displays ready for the big opening the next day. We went into the studio in little and I glanced at the control panel. Simple cascade falls mission enough, cascade falls mission I think. Will it operate. Then Pierre brings us cold drinks. It's hot and we just sat on the mat and drink. "What is it like for you?" He asks. "Beautiful. We will broadcast nice here. The atmosphere cascade falls mission is contagious. "Then there was a knock on the glass door. Pierre gets up and opens. An attractive cascade falls mission young man asked directions to the show office. Pierre gestured. I stood up and joined them. Our eyes met. I imagine. His grip is firm. "Benny," he says. "Pleased to meet you." cascade falls mission This man is confident. "Exhibit of you." cascade falls mission "No, I collect tickets for the company." "You must listen," falls in Pierre. "We start tomorrow morning cascade falls mission at eight broadcasting from here. Radio Show ... 99.5FM. Jacques also broadcast from here. "This feels like Pierre's marketing effort is a little out of place. I get hot. "Oh, will do." His smile is endearing. "Well then, good luck with your broadcasts." He looked me in the eye. "Thanks, man." I take another sip of the soda. We shook tab. And there he goes. I keep track she walked away.
On the way to the restaurant Pierre wants to know if I hurry. "I cascade falls mission am your hands. cascade falls mission We only start broadcasting tomorrow, "I said, but I know what he's up to. "Let me show you soon a television station near here. Our table was only for nine discussed. "" Good, "I said, making my car seat. The chatter in the Jeep stop immediately.
A few minutes later he built still. "Here he is." cascade falls mission It is five-and-twenty to eight. Windhoek's street lights lay out spanned the large basin at the foot of the hill. We walked in to the air-conditioned lobby. It smells of Cooked meal. The security guard greeted Pierre-friendly. It is obvious that they know each other well. They talked in a black language. Then the man took a phone call. "You will soon show how they look TV studio." He looked at his watch. "They had eight in a bulletin. Would you like to see? "" Yes, "I said. "Will be interesting." "I remember when I was younger, watching TV news reading. We still in South Africa remained. cascade falls mission "He blushed with half time. "Oh, you remember," I laughed familiar. "It was a thousand years ago." cascade falls mission 'Would you tell me I'm so old, or you say about yourself?' I realized my attempt at modesty in my foot hit. Before I had something lomps can talk, walk a girl by sekriteitsarea. "Pierre! It's a nice surprise! "Both hug, I realized the

No comments:

Post a Comment