Thursday, April 24, 2014

My first day at school was horrible! I arrived first and best teacher asked where to go. As usual w


"Middle School" refers to grades 7, 8 and 9, so technically goldstarasi I work at a high school. My school is a reasonable distance from my home, but it is close enough to walk. I prefer the bus as it was still very cold in the mornings. The bus is a nerve-wracking experience because the traffic is a nightmare in the mornings because of the Subway plant currently goldstarasi being built here in Incheon. In the holidays, the bus ride to school me no more than 10-minutes, but now it sometimes takes a whole hour to get to the school to come!
My first attempt to find my school and I was unsuccessful in the ghettos beatings ended! Turns out, I saw the bus in the wrong direction taken! On my next attempt, I took the right bus, but had no idea where to get off (after many explanations of all). I have to end up with somebody took me and we finally came out!
My first day at school was horrible! I arrived first and best teacher asked where to go. As usual when she does not understand English, but fortunately she could see that I was the new ESL teacher. She took me to one of my co-teachers took (there are so at around four co-teachers who are with me teach. They translated literally everything I say.) The co-teacher had me parked in the teacher's lounge ... and there I sat and sat and sat at my head co-teacher to my last class I took. The school has an English Library, which is totally mine to use. I have internet in my class, whiteboards (which goldstarasi sooo easy to clean!) A large-screen TV and a sound system, I use videos and powerpoints for kids to show.
I have this semester only grade 7's and I's teaching 21 periods per week. The rest of the time can be used for prep and planning. The school has no set curriculum for English second language, so I mostly play word games with them. (About 75% of the kids in my class understand only a few English goldstarasi words.) They enjoy the games a lot! They also know a lot of South Africa (I had a whole presentation to where I come from) and they freak out about football!
Own school is a lot different than I am used to, but I enjoy it very much! The school hours are ridiculous. I have to be here 8:50 and 16:30 may even go home. The children are mostly still here when I go home, so I can not complain.
"Another great thing about my school is that I just can eat lunch here. They serve every day tasty Korean food in the cafeteria. I paid R18 per meal (Koreans' tables groaning under the usual food, so there is quite a range) which means that I am R360 per month for decent lunches every day. Gotta love it!
You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. (Log Out / Change)
Hot Off The Press impulsive decisions can sometimes goldstarasi be a good thing. Older Posts Select Month September 2012 (1) June 2012 (1) December 2011 (1) August 2011 (2) June 2011 (1) April 2011 (2) March 2011 (2) February 2011 (2) December 2010 (1) November 2010 (1) October 2010 (4) Email Subscription
% D bloggers like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment